Tuesday, February 3, 2009

3 February 2009

Finished up "The Princess Bride," so I picked for my next movie, "Wild Hogs." I love this movie, though it makes me hungry for a road trip every time I watch it. I'll take a little road trip in a couple of weeks to pick up my new bike! It has arrived at my friend's shop and he will build it tomorrow. I am VERY excited! I'll go see him and he'll take an hour or two to fit the bike and a new pair of shoes to me. There's alot to this biking thing if you're fairly serious about it. I couldn't imagine all that those Tour-de-France-type riders do to get their equipment straight. I'll post some pics when I get it.
So, I jumped on the trainer tonight and knocked out 23+ miles tonight. I know that some folks hate to train inside, but to be honest, I really enjoy it. I have been able to watch a BUNCH of movies (without sitting on the couch, eating), I stay dry, and, if my family needs me I am in the garage and not 30 miles up the road. I do miss the sights and smells of the countryside, but spring'll be here soon and I'll get some road miles in (on my new bike!). Till then, I'll just keep chasing the chest freezer.
Be blessed, be safe.

1 comment:

331 Miles said...

Congrats on getting a new bike! I'm jealous. Your body will appreciate the bike being fit to you, and if your brother is doing it for free, you're getting a bargain. I paid good $$$ to have mine fit.