Thursday, February 19, 2009

19 February 2009

It took me about 30 minutes to finish watching "Batman and Robin," probably some of the cheesiest acting known to mankind. Supposed to be that way, I guess, and still somewhat entertaining. Still hard to see the Governator crossing over from acting to politics. Good guy though, on the podium at the Tour of California to encourage things along.
When I finished that, I put in a new DVD I bought while at Grand Strand Bicycles this week; it is a climbing/training DVD from Chris Carmichael and the folks at CTS. I just saw the first part of it today, the warmup. I'll have to put it in when I am fresh and see if I cannot do better. He, and about seven folks on trainers, walk the viewer through the warmup, hill repeats, and other exercises to help the rider become a better climber. Most of the good climbers are smaller fellows, and I am a bigger boy, so I need all the help I can get to climb Mt. Mitchell in just 88 days! I am working hard and want to be successful. I have dropped 10 pounds since January 1 and have ridden 715 miles; I'd like to triple that between now and May 18th. We'll see what I can make to happen.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: