Saturday, January 31, 2009

31 January 2009

Alllrightythen! Finished my month of pedaling with Jim Carrey in "The Cable Guy;" I am batting a big ZERO on the movies these days! Not your finest there Ace! It was early though and JC grew into quite the actor. I personally think this guy was born to play "The Grinch"!
So, how'd my month go? Well, I am glad you asked. I finished just a couple of strokes shy of 405 miles for the month, thank you very much. AND dropped six pounds along the way! So I celebrated with a perfect omelet!I like a couple of eggs post-ride to put some protein in the tank and this is the first time I got one to flip right. No fancy pan flipper thingee "as seen on TV," just a handy dandy spatula. And it tasted better than it looked!
Next month I want to be even more aggressive: I am aiming for 500 miles and 10 pounds. It is only 107 days until AOMM and I want to be ready. There are a few training rides planned by the Freewheelers of Spartanburg I will do and I hope to go to the upstate every chance I get to spend time climbing. Mitchell is no easy chore to be checked off a list. Got to prepare.
Be blessed, be safe.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Over 400 miles is awesome!!