Friday, January 30, 2009

30 January 2009


Today was my brother's birthday (the picture is of us at the start of AOMM last June) so I rode just enough to finish watching "National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets." That one was every bit as good as the first one. So, I knocked out twelve and a half miles and we went to lunch. I didn't eat too well, but I'll make up for it tomorrow. Just to chill out a little, I sat tonight and watched Mark Wahlberg in "Max Payne;" not Wahlberg's best work. I have enjoyed him in "Shooter," and other films, but he missed it on this one. Sorry dude. I just did the math and with one day left in January, it looks like I am just 15.04 miles shy of my 400-mile goal. I will get up tomorrow and take care of that with some to spare. I feel encouraged by doing so well this month I am raising the bar for next month: I am going to ride 500 miles in February! If I do 20 miles every day, I could theoretically reach 560 miles so this gives me a little "wiggle room" in case I should need a day off. Only 108 days left until the 2009 Assault on Mt. Mitchell. I WILL ride all the way to the top this year!
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: