Monday, January 5, 2009

5 January 2009

I hopped back on the trainer today for another 15 miles. I want to get some good miles in regardless of what's going on outside, and I want to do way better than I did last January. But, it's easy to get bored on a trainer if the scenery never changes.
So, I have this box set of "Band of Brothers" I bought several years ago that I have never completely watched. Each episode is around an hour long (perfect!) and tells the story of men and women who quite literally saved the world and made it possible for me to have a garage attached to a decent home, where I could ride my bike and watch a movie.
These folks are heroes (I reserve the title "Savior" for One alone) to whom we owe a huge debt of gratitude. I am grateful. And as I train, sweat, hurt, and complain, I'll try to remember the images of these guys training, and what they were training for; and I'll shut my hole and keep pedaling.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: