Friday, January 16, 2009

16 January 2009

I am almost finished with BoB and it saddens me. As I have said before, I KNOW it's just a movie series, but I have grown attached to these guys. They give me a deeper appreciation for what happened back in the 1940's. In fact, just the other day I met an older gentleman that had been a Marine at Iwo Jima. After five or six days there, he was shot through both legs and had to be evacuated. He had just gotten out of the hospital thirty days or so before going to Iwo Jima; he had taken some shrapnel to the head. The enemy had tried to take this guy out and couldn't! He probably could have gone home after the first injury, but chose not to. THAT, people, is nobility!
Me? I am just trying to do what I do. I like to think, should the occasion ever present itself, I would rise to it. May God give me half the fortitude these guys had.
Back to the bike. Did another 25 miles today, brings me up to almost 160 miles for the month. I have another two weeks left and would like to hit 300 miles, we'll see. I still need to get radical with my dietary intake. Until I get that under control, I don't think I 'll see my desired progress. Anyway, I will stay at it.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: