Sunday, March 8, 2009

8 March 2009

For a lazy man, I rocked it today! What a beautiful Sunday it has been! Worshiped this morning, then went home and got my gear together and took off for a ride. I averaged over 16mph for four-and-a-half hours and covered a distance of nearly 73 miles! My butt hurts!!! But it was so worth it. I want to be doing more long rides like that to get prepared for Mt. Mitchell, I need to be strong enough to pedal for nine hours and tough enough to stay in the saddle that long. I must have chosen some pretty good roads too, as I climbed a cumulative total of greater than 3100 feet. It's painful now, but it's gonna feel so sweet when I roll beneath that time clock on top of Mt. Mitchell!
Just a side note, because this is important to me, my 7-year-old daughter is artistic (so's my son; his medium is drawing) and likes to make clay sculptures. This is a (somewhat fuzzy- my fault) picture of a squirrel she made, and a snake's house with a banana tree in the yard. Check out the detail! I got me some smart kids.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: