Monday, March 2, 2009

2 March 2009

Spent yesterday wrapping things up at the beachhouse and driving home in the rain. Wanted to get home before the snow came, haha! There was snow in South Carolina, but it wasn't here. The kids didn't care though, they still got the day off from school. I have lived here forever almost but somedays I still don't get SC.
Started a new month on the bike today, with new goals. I was ten miles short of my 500 in February so I'll add those to March and go for 510 miles. I only lost about half of my 10-pound weight loss goal, but I'll eat that because I don't think I can wrap my mind around a 15-pound goal. So, ten it is!
Jumped on the trainer and switched on the Carmichael Training Systems DVD, "Climbing II." I didn't do as well as those folks riding trainers with Chris Carmichael, but I was able for the first time to pedal the entire DVD, warmup to cooldown. I am proud of myself! I also got a new computer for my trainer bike, a computer which has a cadence feature on it. I am trying to get used to pedaling at a higher cadence rate and now I am able to monitor it. My legs are strong but slow, but I am now pedaling in the 80's instead of the 70's. This will improve my cardio and my ability to recover. There's alot more to this biking thing than just throwing your leg across and going for it.
Every day gets better, and it needs to. I now have 76 days until Mt. Mitchell and I need to be ready. It will hurt, but I'll survive.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: