Tuesday, March 24, 2009

24 March 2009

I would much rather be outside on my bike any (above 50 degree) day, enjoying the sunshine and breeze. When that's not possible, for whatever reason, I go to my bike cave. It's a corner in my garage where I have my old aluminum bike set up on a trainer, in front of the TV, which has a built-in DVD player. Pop in a movie, or turn on Versus, and I am good to go. That's what I did today for 16+ miles. But because of my ride in the mountains the other day, I kept the bike in the highest gear I could stand for every other 5 minute period. It was a pretty good imitation of what I felt climbing up highway 80 to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I think doing this once a week in addition to my other riding workouts should help me get up the mountain. At least I hope so.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: