Friday, January 1, 2010

1 January 2010

Well, along with getting used to writing "2010," I have been thinking of some goals for the coming year and when you tell others about your goals, it kind of makes you accountable. So, here we go:
1) I want to pedal 6000 miles in 2010. This equates to an average of 500 miles a month. I think I can do this, but it's gonna mean getting out of the garage and hitting the road. I enjoy my trainer, but I can only take so much.
2) I want to complete The Assault on Mt. Mitchell this year. I made it to Marion in 2008, and to the Parkway in 2009, so to the top in 2010 is the natural progression. Right? Won't happen on its own, though, so everything between here and there is a training ride.
3) I don't want to lose weight. Instead, I'd like to develop habits and a lifstyle whose natural results would be a significant loss of weight. I am a powerful rider with strong legs and I am working on my ability to endure. However, I am carrying WAY too much weight and that holds me back. I don't care to win races, just to finish long rides that sometimes end on the mountaintops.
Those are my goals for the year. With God's help and some good old determination, I hope next year's entry for this day says I accomplished all three. What are your goals for the coming year?
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: