Wednesday, December 30, 2009

30 December 2009

I have to brag a little about a product I have been using for a week now. I am not receiving anything for my endorsement as a professional amateur overweight wannabe endurance cyclist. But, Hammer Nutrition has a product called "REM" that is amazing. I am a guy that never sleeps more than 5 or 6 hours, and usually that is not quality sleep. Having some time off for the Christmas holidays and not needing an alarm clock, I have been sleeping 8, 9, even 10 hours, and it has been GREAT sleep! I'm not tossing and turning all night, and I wake up feeling rested. My only fear is that I may develop a tolerance to it and need more and more for it to work, or it will quit working altogether. I have, however, had success with the other Hammer products I have used so I'm not too worried. I'll keep you posted.
I wrote earlier about what a nice guy George Hincapie is, and soon after ran across this photo from an upstate SC cycling club. They were doing their "First Fifty" bike ride around New Year's 2009 and bumped into George at a C-store where they all cheesed it up for the camera. What a guy!
Trying to be more "scientific" as I prepare for the 2010 Assault on Mt. Mitchell, so I am scheduling my rides/regimens for different days of the week. I've not been one to schedule rest days and I can see where I have become fatigued for that reason. So, today is a rest day, and, I HATE IT! I want to get on my bike! But, I know that I have been working pretty hard (for me) and my legs need the break. I guess I'll go clean the garage.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: