Sunday, December 27, 2009

27 December 2009

Sat and watched one of my Christmas presents last night and loved it. George Hincapie is a humble but awesome guy who has really gone the distance. This 81-minute video is an interview with George and those who know him, looking at his life and career on a bicycle. He has not been some "shooting star," burning bright but quickly. George has been so successful for so long, and has been the cause of the success of so many others. He's the only cyclist in history to have been on the winning team of EIGHT Tours de France, seven with Lance Armstrong. I think his life coach said something to the effect of, "George is a leader. He creates situations where others can succeed and excell. Isn't that what a leader does?" Well, that's what a leader is SUPPOSED to do, but that's a rant for another day. George is the man, and if I had to pick a favorite, it's George. (I just wish I could get away with eating 7000 calories a day!)
Other than my Tuesday night mountain bike ride with the amazing folks at TriCity, I have been getting my miles on the trainer, in the garage. Finally got outside today for a brisk, two-hour ride through the countryside. Did 34+ miles in 2 hours for a 17mph average, which I was completely happy with. Of course, I'd rather have a 20mph average, but let's keep it real, okay? Just glad to be getting the miles in; I had hoped to hit 5000 miles this year, but won't make it so I adjusted my goal. I can DOUBLE last year's mileage if I try, and I shall! Less than 50 miles to go and four days to do it. I am all over that!
New Year's is just around the corner, and I am quite honestly glad. 2009 has been a tough year and I want 2010 to be a much better year. For ALL of us. That's my wish.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: