Thursday, December 10, 2009

10 December 2009


The weather's turning cooler and the days have gotten shorter so I am spending more time in the garage, jammin' on the trainer. I'm good with that, though; turn the fan on, fire up a DVD, and roll! Started watching the "Star Wars" movies again, and it doesn't matter how many times I see them, I still love them. My son is about the age I was in 1977 when the first movie came out to theaters and he is a huge fan also! BTW, he just turned 13 yesterday so I am now the parent of a teenager. Yep, I'm scared.

Earlier in the year, I had hopes of hitting 5000 miles for the year, but I have resigned myself to the fact that that is not going to happen. Resigned, I said, NOT "given up." I will simply adjust my goal to one that is attainable and still an achievement. If I hit, WHEN I hit, 4365 miles, I will have ridden TWICE the mileage I did in 2008! I think I can live with that. Don't think I can double again in 2010 and still remain employed, though.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: