Tuesday, April 28, 2009

28 April 2009

I don't like it when work has to get in the way of biking. I wish someone would pay me to ride a bike. I am too old and fat to win races but I could ride everyday. I am open to sponsorship, even ("This fat guy rides our bike and you can too!"). Unfortunately, that is not the case and I must remain gainfully employed. Which, in today's economic milieu, that's a good thing.
But working keeps me off my bike. I bought a new bike this year that I love, it rides like a dream, I don't even mind mountain climbing on it. I just can't ride it enough! That's been the case for over a week. I have worked nearly every day, and any riding I am doing is on the trainer, 30 minutes at a time.
I'll have to take what I can get, though. The 2009 Assault on Mt. Mitchell is in 20 days and I will finish it. Over 100 miles, around 11,000 feet total accumulated climbing, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 hours on the bike; I have my work cut out for me. By God's grace I will make it.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: