Wednesday, April 22, 2009

22 April 2009

So, today is Earth Day and all the world wants to focus on the environment and political issues; I think I'll throw my two cents in.
I agree, to a point. I DO, in fact, think we should do more to protect and restore the environment. I think government policies should support the environment and should be strongly enforced when infractions are committed.
But, I disagree with all this as a focus. I think what we should focus on while we are protecting and restoring the environment, is the earth's Creator. To think that all of the beauty and majesty we drink in when we gaze at nature happened by chance is a mistake. It was a loving and providential God (big G) that gave all this to us.
On Earth Day, let's thank and honor the Artist, not just the painting.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: