Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1 April 2009


Wow, can you believe it's another month already? Amazing. Where does the time go?
Well, I had been concerned about making my goal for March, and it just so happened that I was able to leave work a little early yesterday; that put me home early, in the bed early, and up early, with time to get out and knock out the miles I needed to accomplish my goal, actually, several goals. I did my 510 miles for March, and then some; and, I finally got a 500 mile month. I know those sound redundant, but I am just happy and encouraged by my progress.
Now if I could just lose some more weight. Hard to do when you love food like I do. And then, when I hammer hard, I come home hungry and stay that way for a couple of days. I gotta get a handle on this.
Going to the upstate Saturday to ride with the Spartanburg Freewheelers, on one of their training rides called the Marquis de Sade (for obvious reasons- it is torture!) which is supposed to be the toughest of the lot. Lots of hard, steep hills, but that is where the growth is. We'll have a good time.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: