Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Sunday!

I love this time of year! Around sunup, the temps are in the upper 60's, and on a Sunday morning, there is almost NO traffic on the road. I left the house just before 7 this morning and nearly had all of Lexington to myself. Rode from my house, through the middle of town, across the dam, all the way to Irmo; came back by Pine Island, back across the dam, and out Old Cherokee to make my way home. Didn't do too bad for time either, by my norms; 33.77 miles at an average of 16.03mph. Would have loved to stay out even longer, but, things to do.
Even so, the ride was not uneventful. Young white trash in Gramma's blue Buick just couldn't resist the urge to shout at me when passing. It amazes me (still) how people choose to display their lack of intelligence and decency. I'm just glad they kept going; that would not have been a pretty conversation- I'm sure I would have had to talk slowly and use really small words.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: