Saturday, April 24, 2010

24 April 2010


A while back, I wrote about how I was pleased with the Michelin Lithion tire. I found them early in my riding and they are about all I have used. I got good service from them with lots of miles and few flats. However, a trusted friend that owns a local bike shop persuaded me to try something different, so I shall. It is the Continental Gatorskin, a 170tpi tire, promising high mileage and a bulletproof puncture resistance. I cleaned my nasty Roubaix today, and rewrapped the bars with leather and mounted the Gatorskins. Tomorrow morning, I'll get out before church and see how they roll.
Today is a stake in the ground; it is one month from today that the 2010 Assault on Mt. Mitchell will begin in Spartanburg, SC and proceed to the top of Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina, the highest point east on the Mississippi River. This is my year and I hope to finish the ride in 9 to 10 hours, so I have to keep working and training. Part of my training will be the Tour de Cure next Saturday, and the day-to-day riding and climbing I do. "It's all uphill from here."
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: