Monday, September 20, 2010

20 September 2010

It's 2:30am and I have no idea why I am awake. So, I thought I may as well update my severely out-of-date blog.
I have not been riding as much as I want to, life has been crazy busy, but I did get to participate in the 2010 Night Owl Ride for Children's Chance this past Friday night. While I was not able to ride the whole 12 hours, I did manage to squeeze out a metric. I'm kind of proud of that; on a bad day, I can still ride 63 miles. Not bad. I have been working a lot and not sleeping (that's why I am blogging at 2:30am!) so my reserves were minimal, at best.
Adding to all that joy, I have contracted some conjunctivitis, from all the bugs I caught riding without glasses (note to self: buy some clear lenses just in case you ride at night)so now I am dealing with goopy eyes and drops every four hours. This too shall pass.
I am, in spite of classes and work, trying to rest and heal this week to get ready for the MS 150 "Breakaway to the Beach," this coming Saturday. I want to ride back-to-back centuries from Camden, SC to Sunset Beach, NC, via Francis Marion University in Florence, SC. I am especially excited about this, as I have not yet attempted a back-to-back; that, and my family will meet me in Sunset and we will hang out for a couple of days.
That's my near future, hope yours is as fun.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: