Monday, February 1, 2010

1 February 2010

Just started my month off with an hour on the trainer with my personal coach, Chris Carmichael. Yeah, THAT Chris Carmichael. In MY garage.
Okay, so he was in a video, whatever. Guy's a great coach with some awesome video workouts. I don't think any of us would choose the garage over a good ride through the country, but if you are stuck indoors, you want a good workout, right?
The video was "Climbing II," and he focuses on cadence and intensity while running the viewer through a series of accelerations and sprints in climbing situations. I don't think I'll ever actually race, but there is a certain hill I'd like to climb to the top of.
Registration for the 2010 Assault on Mt. Mitchell opens tomorrow, and I am excited. I am not fully prepared and if I had to do it tomorrow, I could not. But, the fun I am having getting ready and the anticipation of that day helps me to focus. What's life without a few goals? I hope on the day after I can post a picture of me crossing the finish line up top. Until then, everything's a training ride!
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: