Thursday, December 16, 2010

16 December 2010

Wow, where've I been?! Two months since I have posted, what a slacker!! I promise, I have been riding; I've just been working a lot, too. When my time is limited, as it has been, and I have to choose between riding and blogging, I am gonna ride!
Most of my riding, unfortunately, has been on the trainer. I last hit the road over two months ago and it seems when I ride in temps colder than 50 degrees Farenheit, I get these nasty bronchospasms that put me down for several days. Trainer it is.
I am a bit disappointed with my year, although I had a great year (finished Mt. Mitchell!). I started out with a crazy goal of riding 6000 miles this year; NOT gonna happen. Don't know where the time went, but I will manage to break the 4000 mile mark before the New Year cruises in.
Already preparing for next year though, just started the process that will get me an opportunity to climb Mt. Mitchell next May, looking forward to that. Nine days before that will be the Tour de Cure, which I very much enjoy being a part of. And, to the best of my ability, I will again do the MS150, what a great ride!
I never really mention it, but I am an ER nurse; things are going well there, other than the fact that people can do the stupidest things to themselves and each other. I am growing and learning and becoming better at what I do. And at the age of 44, I'm still constantly amazed at how many people I take care of younger than I. People just need to make better decisions! (So do I, working on it!)
Kids out of school today for CHRISTmas break, getting excited about the big day coming up. So, let me take this opporunity to say to the three of you who still read this, Merry CHRISTmas! Hope your holiday season is especially peaceful!
Be blessed, be safe!

1 comment:

scgrits said...

I'M still here! I don't make resolutions any more, but you make me want to! This upcoming year will find me on my bike and my feet more often and on my butt (in front of the tv and computer) less often! -Carol