Tuesday, May 12, 2009

12 May 2009

It's on. No more training and preparing, it's time to do it. This time next week, the 2009 Assault on Mt. Mitchell will be history. I have ridden (over 1700 miles) and trained and tried to drop a few pounds (not so successful here) and now it's time to let the music play. I try to visualize the ride, try to think positive thoughts, try to see myself in my mind's eye crossing the timer pad thingee on the top of the mountain. New bike this year, new Specialized bib shorts for going the distance, studied and experimented with nutrition; I am as ready to day as I will ever be. I will not be the first to cross the line, I may be the last to cross the line, but I will cross the line. And I will be a better man for it. So help me God.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: