Tuesday, November 25, 2008

25 November 2008

Well, the Tour de Camden just didn't work out for me this year, but I do hope they had a good showing and were able to raise some fundage for Habitat for Humanity and the retired racehorses. It was too cold for this old racehorse, and I had other obligations; where do I sign up for next year?
The TdC would have been my last ride for the season, so I guess it's over for me this year. Kind of. I will hit the treadmill hard and hope to purchase a trainer soon so I can keep my "bike-butt" toughened up for next Spring. I am already counting down the days until the 2009 Assault on Mt. Mitchell (174 days!). I tried to do it last year, but only made it to Marion, NC. Still an impressive feat if I do say so myself: about 74 miles with roughly 5000 feet accumulated climbing. Not every 42 year old fatboy could get off the couch and go do that!
So, anyway, next year is a new year, and I am gonna own that mountain. My goal is to lose some weight and spend time on the treadmill and trainer, and as soon as it warms up, I'll be in the upstate every chance I get. The only way to be a good climber is to climb. Oh yeah, this is South Carolina, so it rarely gets too cold to do some mountain-biking!
Keep pedaling something. Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: