Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Close to Home

Got out and rode today, but kept it close to home. The road I live on is only a half-mile long, but just down from me is a hill that's a little over 5%, so I did hill repeats and got in a great workout. Climbed over 800 feet in a little less than 11 miles, and in less than an hour. I am planning on going to the upstate to ride the end of the month and don't want everyone to have to wait too long for me to catch up! I love to suffer up White Oak Mountain, the Greenville Watershed, and just about any road leading to Saluda, NC; being off the bike for six weeks really set me back and I have a lot of catching up to do just to get back to where I was.
I have been out with the Tri-City group in Cayce last couple of weeks and that has been a huge help, as well as a lot of fun. There are enough people out there of every different level of rider that I can always find someone to hang with. If you're around Columbia on a Tuesday or Thursday and want to get a ride in around 6pm, we leave from behind the Farm Bureau building on Knox Abbott. Always a great time!
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: