Saturday, August 30, 2008

Welcome to Me!

Hey, my name is Mike and I am new to this blogger-business, but excited. I am an ER nurse (more about that later) and I have been riding on the road a little over a year now. I bought an aluminum Mercier 8 speed with a triple last June and have put over 3800 miles on it since then. I have completed several metrics, like the Tour de Camden last year; attempted the 2008 Assault on Mt. Mitchell but bailed out at Marion (73 miles of hills- still proud of that!); did my first century this year in Santee, the Tour de Cure for the American Diabetes Association. I am not a great rider, heck, I'm not even a good rider, but I love doing it and love the improvements I have seen in my performance. I ride around the midlands of South Carolina (Harrell's Bicycle World, woo-hoo!) and out of Murrells Inlet when I can (Grand Strand Bicycles, woo-hoo!) and am always looking for folks of a caliber similar to my own with whom I might ride. On a Saturday morning about daybreak I like to set out to do 50 miles or so at an average speed of 15.5-16.5 mph. I am working to improve that but it's been a busy summer, not a lot of miles. So, that'll get us started for now, looking forward to writing more about my rides and reading your comments. Until then, keep hammering. Mike

No comments: