Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3 March 2010

I can't believe it; it is March in South Carolina, and we actually got a dusting of snow/sleet last night! I know the folks up North have had a lot of the white stuff this year, but here in the Deep South we are not used to this. It's all relative, a matter of that to which one is accustomed, but this has just been a cold winter in general. I am so ready for warm weather, to leave the house at daybreak on the bike and watch the world come alive in the morning. Ah, it won't be long now, and we'll all be complaining about how hot it is and we can't wait for it to cool off.
Because it has been a cold winter (by our Southern standards), I have spent a lot of time on the trainer, rather than the road. So, if I am going to be inside and missing out on the joys of a ride through the country, I want it to be pleasant. I have spent the last few days working on my bike cave; new paint, bigger TV, etc. This is a picture so far, still needs another coat of red, a couple of touch-ups here and there, and a silver rail to separate the red from the white. Eventually, I will lay a black rubber floor to complete it. Colors were chosen based on my Specialized Roubaix, quite possibly the most excellent bike I could ever throw my leg across. This is my space and I spend a good deal of time out here, even when I'm not on the bike.
Still taking it easy this week, 'bout to go spin for a little bit just to stay loose, all part of learning to taper before an event. The "March on Caesar's Head" is Saturday and I want to rock this thing.
Be blessed, be safe.

No comments: